THE ENCHANTMENT OF THE MOUNTAINS
The Dolomites embrace White Deer, unveiling before your eyes landscapes ablaze with colors and the gentle sound of birds in flight.
The forest, just beyond the doorstep, beckons you to discover the scent of the trees and the soft texture of moss beneath your feet.
The village, nestled at the valley’s end, awakens in the darkness with the bustling glow of vibrant life, so near yet simultaneously so distant from your private retreat.
Giant stone sentinels that rise against a sky that appears painted, the Dolomites offer ever-changing landscapes to those who venture forth: be it strolls around lakes with dazzling brilliance, climbs to the base of the Tre Cime di Lavaredo, or excursions in the underbrush in search of mushrooms and chestnuts. Outdoors or within a refuge, these spaces transform their essence, in a riot of colors and scents that enchant and delight the senses.
In the vicinity of White Deer, you can encounter:
- The forests of Val Pusteria, where you can observe deer and fawns moving undisturbed.
- The treasures of Ladin culture, from culinary delights to the ancient crafts of local artisans.
- The enchanting Lake Braies nestled within the Fanes-Sennes-Braies Nature Park.
It is undoubtedly a paradise for snow enthusiasts, one of the most significant ski resorts in the Alps, with over 100 kilometers of slopes overlooking the spectacular panorama of the Dolomites. However, Plan de Corones is poetry for those who love the mountains all year round, thanks to the vast network of trails that delve into the silent woods, suddenly revealing the boundless beauty of the landscape.
Easily accessible from White Deer, Plan de Corones is the ideal environment for:
- Winter sports, from skiing to snowboarding, cross-country skiing to sledding and ski touring.
- Outdoor activities such as climbing, trekking, golf, paragliding, and mountain biking.
- The extensive network of well-marked trails leading to alpine huts where you can savor traditional Ladin dishes.
For those who explore these regions on two wheels, the enchantment of South Tyrol and Sudtirol is truly magical. The winding panoramic roads leading to the villages reveal natural wonders at every turn. But these places also hold great pleasures for wine enthusiasts. Starting from White Deer, you can visit:
- Brunico, with its castle and charming, lively historic center.
- San Candido, a typically Tyrolean village, an ideal place for peaceful and leisurely walks.
- Bressanone, the oldest city in Tyrol, home to the Novacella Abbey that has been producing excellent wine since 1142.